Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Choices

Of recent times I have commenced reading another book (surprise, surprise), Simple Life - (Time, Relationships, Money, God) by Thom S, Rainer & Art Rainer. I sought out this book after reading Simple Church which had a profound impact on me. Some reading this Blog may recall earlier contributions referring back to this, the content was profound, though nothing new, and as the title suggested, it was getting back to being 'Simple' (focused, intentional, minimalistic in the approach).

I have been thinking over the past couple of days of something stated within this new  book, again, nothing I haven't heard before, but it is hitting me between the eyes. It starts with my understanding of what I want most from my life? What might I desire to accomplish? What do I count to be most important? What might my mission (life) statement include? And how important is this to me? What am I willing to do to see this through?

The co-writers highlight the struggles and excuses that go with attempting to accomplish what we might really want. You may identify with some of these, 'I am just too busy. We really need the additional income. Maybe sometime later when we have established ourselves.' And the excuses go on. However, if we really examine it honestly, we will find we will always be busy, we will seldom have the financial security we want, and later may be too late and the opportunity lost forever.

Here was the crux of it - I have a choice. I can lean toward any of the excuses and hardly anyone will challenge them (where maybe we ought to be holding one another more accountable - but that is for another blog) or I can exercise my choice to go for what is most important to me. 

I am challenged to make some decisions and exercise some choices about what is really important to me in my life, to bring some discipline to my living and daily practices, to let go of excuses and to be more intentional. Maybe you are stirred to do the same.

Lord, I believe you desire purpose, fulfillment and accomplishment for my life, help me to be faithful in living this life the way you intend for me to live it, in all it's fulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...