Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Sunday, February 17, 2013

My God...

It is interesting in conversation at times to see how many people have a belief 'in' God. Prevalent today is the thought that God is the same across religions. A figure, being, object, mostly out there somewhere and affecting some things in life, usually to be blamed for the bad things.

1 Kings 5:1-51-4 Hiram king of Tyre sent ambassadors to Solomon when he heard that he had been crowned king in David’s place. Hiram had loved David his whole life. Solomon responded, saying, “You know that David my father was not able to build a temple in honor of God because of the wars he had to fight on all sides, until God finally put them down. But now God has provided peace all around—no one against us, nothing at odds with us.

5 “Now here is what I want to do: Build a temple in honor of God, my God, following the promise that God gave to David my father, namely, ‘Your son whom I will provide to succeed you as king, he will build a house in my honor.’ ”

Here is what stood out 'my God'. The personal relationship that we have with God. It is what often sets Christians apart from others. It is the desire of God that we know Him, His love and care and plan for us each. In the storms and difficult times, He is not remote, removed from it all, He is right there in the midst of it with me - He is MY God and I am His child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...