Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Sunday, February 3, 2013

A plan for you...

What a terrific afternoon as we celebrated the commencement of a new session of cadets for training as Salvation Army Officers and sent out the second year Cadets on assignement.

The verse given for reflection was:

Jeremiah 29:11-13
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 

Here's my thinking in relation to this. There are many occasions in life whereby we would love to know what the plan is ahead of us, especially on the occasions where we are struggling to see a way forward, or things are tough and we want to know we will actually get through OK. At other times, life is sort of coasting and doesn't cause for us much concern, and the surprises seem at least to be pleasant and enjoyable one's.

But here's the thing. God has a plan for us (you and me) and we can be sure that this plan is 'always' for good. Look at the words: 'prosper, not harm, hope, a future, call - I listen, seek Me and find Me.' Now many of these aspects might carry with it various interpretations, for instance, to prosper does not always mean to have a lot of money (though sadly this is how many would interpret this), instead, we might do well in our field of work, our service to others. Know though, the promises of God are sure and they are beneficial. He desires good things for us and to be born through us for others too.

Now look again at the emphasis captured above. See how it is personalised. This is for 'you'. God is speaking to 'you'. He has a plan that includes 'you'.

I don't know about you but I want to be a part of God's plan. I desire for Him to use me for the sake of His Kingdom, for my life to be spent for this purpose. I hope you do too.

Bless ya real good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...