Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

With Anticipation...

I have been reflecting upon the fact that I have placed a few orders over the past couple of weeks, locally and international. Some I am waiting on a phone call to say when they are in or when they will be delivered and others it is a matter of watching and waiting with anticipation for their delivery by post/courier.

These items have consisted of furniture, bike parts and books (I love my reading in case you are not a 'Goodreads' follower of mine). So, each day I might at some point wonder, 'is today the day?' Some items I have gotten tired of waiting and ended up phoning to check on the progress of availability and delivery.

Here's the thing it had me contemplating, do I watch and wait for a revelation of the Lord with the same anticipation? Is that the way I view my relationship with the Lord, wanting more, desiring more, hoping for more of Him to be revealed. For me to understand the Lord that bit more because of my encounter with Him?

Actually, it 'is' my experience. There is something about the realisation that my reliance is upon Him. I constantly depend upon Him. Does it mean I always listen well to His instruction? No! Does it mean I am absolutely obedient? Sadly, no! But there is an ever growing desire that I might place myself in a better place whereby it is the Lord I seek direction and guidance from first. I do not want to get in the way of His being able to do GREAT things in this city, in this Corps of Geelong, in the lives of people that I might encounter.

'Lord (Master), speak: Thy servant heareth,
Waiting for Thy gracious word, 
Longing for Thy voice that cheereth;
Lord (Master), let it now be heard.
I am listening, Lord, for Thee;
What hast Thou to say to me?

May you be richly blessed as you seek a stronger and growing relationship with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...