Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Beginnings ...

Here I am at the commencement of a New Year. I had one determination heading into this period, to re-commence the discipline of a Blog.

Many use the start of a year for the purpose of making some form of resolution. They see this as a way of marking it as a starting point. A line in the sand positioning whereby they note, 'from here things will be different, I will now do ...'

I cannot help but be drawn to a reminder that 'any time', no matter what day of the week, time of day, whatever else marks the instance, 'any time' is the best time to make a decision to accept Jesus as Saviour of one's life. It is the purpose for which Jesus came, and we have been reminded of this over the Christmas Season.

My reading this morning was from Genesis chapter 3 which gives an account of the fall of man from the favour of God, through a disobedient act - 'sin'. This caused a separation between God and man, the creation of God. And we learn throughout the Scriptures that God desires most of all to be in relationship with all people. Jesus comes to bridge that gap, to bring the relationship back into a healthy state. If we accept Jesus, does it mean we will no longer sin? No! But that is something for another Blog.

Just now I want us to be certain that our relationship with God, through Jesus, is right. Secondly, that we are centered in God, so that we might assist others in discovering and accept Jesus as their own Saviour.

I pray that the journey is a good and fruitful one for you and I. My desire is that this year will be a Kingdom year, with life after life being added (regularly).

Feel free to pass on this Blog and thank you for your encouragement over past days.

Bless ya real good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...