Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Friday, January 4, 2013

Who's plans ...

Some of you will be aware what an interesting year 2012 was for me. It commenced with me seeing myself in a 'made to fit appointment'. I think we were really kicking some goals in a way that we hadn't for a while. You will know that expression, 'like a pig in mud', well that was me for a while. 

Well, it came tumbling down pretty quickly too. It took me to places I had never visited and would want for no person to find themselves. I felt robbed, cheated, attacked, angry, disappointed, disillusioned .... (I think you get the picture).

Have a read of this part of Joseph's story:-

Genesis 50:15-21
The Message (MSG)

14-15 After burying his father, Joseph went back to Egypt. All his brothers who had come with him to bury his father returned with him. After the funeral, Joseph’s brothers talked among themselves: “What if Joseph is carrying a grudge and decides to pay us back for all the wrong we did him?”
16-17 So they sent Joseph a message, “Before his death, your father gave this command: Tell Joseph, ‘Forgive your brothers’ sin—all that wrongdoing. They did treat you very badly.’ Will you do it? Will you forgive the sins of the servants of your father’s God?”
When Joseph received their message, he wept.
18 Then the brothers went in person to him, threw themselves on the ground before him and said, “We’ll be your slaves.”
19-21 Joseph replied, “Don’t be afraid. Do I act for God? Don’t you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now—life for many people. Easy now, you have nothing to fear; I’ll take care of you and your children.” He reassured them, speaking with them heart-to-heart.


The passage is often highlighted for an act of forgiveness. However, the element I want to focus on is highlighted in bold, the fact that God can use any situation. I believe He revealed where I am not to be (which differed to where I might have been headed or seen myself at some point in time), in the intervening time this last six months. In a few more days Jen and I will return to ministry together in a Corps (Geelong). We are excited about this chapter in our lives and ministry. We love the journey with people, and the Corps setting enhances this considerably. I am sure this will not be without it's own set of challenges, and on this seek your prayer support.

I seek to remain faithful and obedient to what it is God has to say to me or where He seeks to lead me. I desire that His Kingdom grow with lives changed through an encounter with Jesus. That I too might grow, more and more into who He created me to BE.

Please join me in this prayer - thanks, and may He bless ya real good!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...