Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It is time to get in the ring.

There are times that I desperately 'want' something, but after obtaining it, the novelty wares off and it gets put aside. You might note I did highlight the word 'want'. Confession time, I also believe too often things are too easily placed in our reach and available to us with means such as credit, etc. and thus we accumulate more than we actually require.

There is something in the advice about going away a while and doing the almost unmentionable in our vocabulary today, praying about it and even saving for it. Making it a goal and working toward attaining it (if we have resolved with God that it is something that might be appropriate/beneficial).

What about spiritual matters though? What is it you might desire above other things? What are you prepared to do to receive something spiritual? Have a read of this short passage a moment:-

Genesis 32:22-32
The Message (MSG)

24-25 But Jacob stayed behind by himself, and a man wrestled with him until daybreak. When the man saw that he couldn’t get the best of Jacob as they wrestled, he deliberately threw Jacob’s hip out of joint.

26 The man said, “Let me go; it’s daybreak.”

Jacob said, “I’m not letting you go ’til you bless me.”

Would you be prepared to wrestle with a representative of God to receive a blessing from God? Is it not what is represented on those occasions within Scripture where we are called upon to contemplate persistent prayer? To keep coming before the Father with our request and not giving up until the answer is received, the blessing experienced.

Of recent days, I have been challenged to consider prayer and what it is 'I draw a circle around', seek answers too, from God. It may be a matter of stretching my faith, believing where I don't always see the answer already, practicing faith in a God who is mighty, the creator and sustainer of all things. It is about not giving up on occasions and really going for what I believe is laid upon my heart.

I wonder, are there things that you would, or even 'need' to be wrestling for? If so, can I encourage you to get in the ring, and not let go until you receive the answer, the blessing.

Bless ya real good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...