Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The cost of sin ...

The readings from Scripture over the past few days have disturbed me. Ultimately because they are full of devastation and often the annihilation of a people. And from this there tended to be a thinking from myself, what am I learning from this? What is it God is saying to me? Frankly, I didn't see anything, it made me miserable.

Then, tonight, it dawned on me, doesn't it spell out the seriousness of sin in the sight of God? Doesn't it say something about the cost of continuing to practice sinful acts against the warnings of God? Doesn't it reveal the heart of God? For God cannot turn His back to such sinful practices without consequence, no matter how much He loves these, His people. God cannot put up with a disobedient people. He certainly cannot bless such behaviours.

Well what a learning. For the devastation that we read in Ezekiel, Lamentations, Obadiah and Jeremiah are awful, yet, they serve a purpose, if we will take note.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...