Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Monday, September 6, 2010

Offensive ...

Well this reflection comes neither from a book I have been reading (not of recent anyway) not directly from a Scripture passages for today. It comes from recent conversations, and as I have paused a moment and given thought about them a bit more.

Have you ever been in a situation, a conversation, whereby what the other person has said directly to you, or insinuated, made you mad, or angry or raised within you some thought of how dare you! Whereby what they have suggested has actually been offensive, maybe due to the fact that, in your mind and by conscious acts, this was far from what you believed to be truth. And simply, they do not share the same understanding on a particular action or process or direction that you have instituted. Thus in their mind you have not listened to them, or done what they wanted.

Well, believe it or not, my thinking is not of ill toward them (not right at this moment anyway). What I have reflected upon is the times when I have offended God in the same manner. Or even worse, because I have known what He was requiring and not been obedient in this regard. Where I have turned my back on Him and done my own thing.

As I have paused, and thought about how I have felt, I have been challenged by how I have made God feel on occasions. And yet, He continues to show grace toward me. He keeps on loving me. He reminds me that I am His child and He desires me to follow Him faithfully. Still He has a plan for me and the provision of His Spirit to help me fulfill this plan.

Lord, forgive me for the thoughts that have been out of place toward others at times in relation to their actions or attitudes toward me. Forgive me for the occasions where I have been offensive in Your sight because of my actions, my attitudes, my disobedience. Help me to live true Lord to Your desire and will for my life and at the same time, reflect You to those with whom I interact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...