Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Amazing generosity ...

Well you might have expected this one, here we are on the evening of the Red Shield Appeal Doorknock and as I have reflected on the day (and years past), I cannot go past this thinking.

The Australian public are amazing in the way they continue to stand up and be counted. Each year I am blown away at the way they give so generously to The Salvation Army. It says to me they trust us and believe in us to continue the work we are renown for.

But there is more. I am really proud of so many of my fellow Officers and soldiers who give of themselves over these days to do their bit for the Appeal and the mission of The Salvation Army. Many hours spent walking the streets, standing in shopping centres and transit exchanges, etc. Thanks for doing your bit guys (all inclusive men and women).

As I have contemplated this, my mind has been drawn to remember again that all this is tremendous, how people give and give and give, yet, none will out give my God. Speaking of generosity, He is the instigator. He gives and gives and gives. Do I deserve this? At times the answer is a resounding, NO! Yet He continues to bless me EVERY single day. I am blessed with mates who are so amazing. Colleagues who are supportive, encouraging. A wife who is so supportive and generous in her own love of me. Children whom I am so very proud of. I love their love of life and the way they give of themselves for their friends. And most of all how they love and live their lives for God.

"Father, thank you for ALL you give to me, Your generousity amazes me time and time again. Help me that I might live generously for You and others."

1 comment:

  1. The closer we get to God, the more generous He seems to us. Thanks Andrew. Enjoying your bloggs, and it may even inspire me to start again!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know your thoughts ...