Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Friday, May 28, 2010

What do you do with your joy ...

Back to my Prayer Coach ...

He (James L. Nicodem) poses the question in relation to those times when you have experienced something good, something joyful, what do you do? Are you like me and you have a tendency to be on the phone to a mate to let them know? It is great to receive good news and it is terrific to be able to share it with another, especially if they are a good friend who really is going to share in the joy with you.

Here's the challenge though:- do you remember the One to whom the joy might be attributed? Do you thank the creator for the stunning sunset, or the magical sight of the rainbow? Do you share your highs and excitement and joy with your God?

Throughout the Scripture there are examples of something special happening and the people letting loose and letting God know their delight and thankfulness, even better, they remember Him to be the source, and praise Him first and foremost.

This is the challenge for me. That God receive my acknowledgement. That God hear my joy. That I desire to share all these good and wondrous and marvelous things with Him. There is much to sing praise for (though this voice might not be the best instrument to do that) and He desires to be in on this celebrating.

"Lord, hear our praises as they rise up to You."