Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Trust in the Lord ...

Yesterday I raised the issue of needing to keep focused so as not to become distracted by others, or things around us (as I easily can).

Proverbs 3:5-6 (New Living Translation)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.

I am reminded in these verses (again) where my focus should lie and from where my wisdom must come. I am taken by the reminder too that this is not a piecemeal encounter or engagement, the instruction is to do this with all my heart, my whole being. It is serious. It is everything.
 
Another challenge lays within these verses, the seeking of His will. We tend to like it when it is easy, or there is not much effort required (I take ownership of this action). We might even excuse ourselves for decisions or actions because we did not have the full picture. This suggests to me that I have to take some responsibility here, I am required to seek the will of God for each and every circumstance, in all I do. I need to do some looking, praying, asking of others, so that I get this right. For God promises that the path will be right and good and beneficial and profitable, for me, for mine and for others.
 
Lord, help me to not be reliant merely upon the knowledge I have gained to date through experience and and action, whether mine or in observing others. Help me to seek afresh Your desire and will and plan for my life - each day and throughout the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...