Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Saturday, May 29, 2010

The process ...

There have been a few people who have asked me, "why the blog?" So I thought I might give some insight into this - why I have commenced this.

Some time ago a friend introduced me to the journaling process as used by Pastor Wayne Cordeiro. It focuses on the acronym of SOAP.

Scripture - a reading plan that will take you through the Old Testament once per year and the New Testament twice per year. As you read, underline or highlight whatever stands out to you whilst reading.
Observation - what is it you observe? What stands out, especially narrowing it down to a verse or two. What is God saying to you through this reading?
Application - how are you going to apply this to your own life? How does it impact your life? What is going to be different?
Prayer - pray about this.
(This is my condensed explanation anyway).

I got off to a good start some time ago, and then, tended to slacken off in relation to the journaling element (the record of what I observed). A good friend would often challenge me in this regard, as well as encourage me to get back on board with the process. We would often chat about what we had been reading and this was a part of the accountability of our spiritual journey.

Thus, I thought it was time to address this (or at least attempt to get it back on track), and at the same time I was reading someone else's blog and thought it was a way of being accountable and a means of sharing my journey with a few others.

I highly recommend that you read Wayne Cordeiro's book - Divine Mentor - Growing your Faith as You Sit at the Feet of the Savior.  As far as I am concerned, I don't reckon there is a better place to be, nor a better goal to have, than to grow in my faith. I hope you too might take up the challenge!

"Father, help me to use my eyes to see and my ears to hear. What it is you have for me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...