Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Monday, May 24, 2010

As if ...

I am reading this amazing book at present, it is not rocket science in it's content, but so profound in its simplicity, "Prayer Coach - for all who want to get off the bench and onto the praying field" by James L Nicodem. I am sure we are going to be sharing from this book over time.

Today's challenge (for me), was the thought of praying for others, "as if" I were in the same circumstance.

Hebrews 13:3 Remember those in prison, as if you were there yourself. Remember also those being mistreated, as if you felt their pain in your own bodies.

I know that I have prayed for people in the past who have been suffering hard times, trials, even persecution. However, I am sure I have not thought about it to the extent of what it was really like, entering into their world, as if  it was me experiencing these things. How different my prayers might have been, and will be in the future.

How do we remember - by praying. Nicodem says, "a love for these brothers and sisters doesn't lead to praying so much as praying leads to a love for these brothers and sisters."

This is my journey, it is my desire. I want to be on the praying field, I want this to be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...