Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Celebrating ...

In two minds regarding so much within the readings and nothing really standing out. But also reflecting on an experience of Sunday where I was privileged to witness a couple of people becoming Senior Soldiers in The Salvation Army.

Each had a very different experience and thus testimony to share. One an amazing story of transformation from addiction, self esteem issues, etc. The other from much questioning, searching and release to just being obedient in the end.

The thing I have been thinking about is the ease by which we can let these opportunities come and go (though they are few and far between in most places). Rather than really celebrating the transformation of a persons life. It may be that this has taken place over time. It has been gradual. It has been a bit by bit experience of change. And I am not sure how we do it better, apart from suggesting we do not want to down play the circumstances. We don't want to miss the opportunity to celebrate. Think how the angels in heaven are celebrating.

And from the celebration, continue to encourage and support and come alongside. Allow ourselves to be encouraged too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...