Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The principle of the path ...

Well, onto another book which I want to share some insight from tonight. Maybe something more of a getting you thinking and whetting the appetite to read the book for yourself.

One of my favourite authors. A person I have had the privilege of sitting under their ministry a few times (both in Chicago and here in Australia), to which this exposed me to his writings and then the application much of what I learnt from these to my own ministry (well an attempt to do this). Andy Stanley and the book The Principle of the Path.

The gist of the book is that, this principle of the path totally effects our lives, whether it be dating, marriage, child-raising, career, finances, health. Andy Stanley reminds us that direction - not intentions, hopes, dreams, prayers, beliefs, intellect, or education - determines destination. Simply put, you and I will win or lose in life by the paths we choose.

Crudely speaking (in my simple explanation), no matter what we might intend. No matter how learned we might be. No matter what we hope or dream for. It is the path we choose and the direction we go that determines the destination we find ourselves in the end. If we continue down a particular route in life that is heading to destruction, don't expect a simple prayer or hope for something different, to change the outcome of that destination point, if  (unless) you don't stop and change course - it won't and cannot happen.

Lord, the realisation I come to, is the need to listen to You and follow the lead You give for my life. To choose Your direction, the path You have set before me and to stick to this. Help me to do this in faith and to Your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...