Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Me first ...

Well I must say this Ezekiel guy has some imagination, as he starts with his vision and moves into the call and commission given him. I am not sure I personally understand all that part - but here is something that stood out for me.

Ezekiel is given a mission to speak to the rebellious nation of Israel. In fact. one might even question the purpose for this, for in all intents and purpose they appear to be a lost cause (by the description given anyway). But, if Ezekiel is not faithful in delivering the message God gives him for the people, then their blood, their death is upon him. Quite a bit to wear I think, especially as Ezekiel is alert to the fact that these people are not going to receive the message very well.

All that aside, the element that stood out for me, about a third of the way through chapter 3:

Ezekiel 3:10 (New Living Translation)
10 Then he added, “Son of man,
let all my words sink deep into your own heart first.
Listen to them carefully for yourself.

Ezekiel 3:10 (The Message)
10-11 Then he said, "Son of man,
get all these words that I'm giving you inside you.
Listen to them obediently.
Make them your own.
And now go. Go to the exiles, your people, and speak.
Tell them, 'This is the Message of God, the Master.'
Speak your piece, whether they listen or not."


Ensure you have made application in your own life first. Absorb this message. Let it settle deep within you and ensure you are living to it first. Be obedient to the message too. These serve as a good reminder for those who are responsible for bring the Word of God to the people. We ought to make sure we have absorbed the message into our own lives and living first. Live the truth. Be an example of them. Show how God's Word is living and brings life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...