Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The turn-around ...

Have you encountered those times when things just don;t seem to be going your way? You would feel you are even sweet with the Lord, in tune with what He might be signaling as the way you ought to be living, and yet stuff seems to be happening that is neither positive or encouraging. In fact, it seems you are far from being the "blessed" person you are supposed to be as one of His followers.

Well we return to another Psalm and are reminded to give thanks to the Lord and proclaim His greatness ... (Psalm 105:1) But there is much more to this amazing Psalm for us tonight. For we are given a number of accounts that serve as a reminder to us that though the chips might be down, the God Whom we serve, Whom we praise, Whom we worship - is able to turn-around even the most unbelievable circumstances. Let me highlight just one of these - the story (account) of Joseph:

Psalm 105:16-22 (New Living Translation)

 16 He called for a famine on the land of Canaan,
      cutting off its food supply.
 17 Then he sent someone to Egypt ahead of them—
      Joseph, who was sold as a slave.
 18 They bruised his feet with fetters
      and placed his neck in an iron collar.
 19 Until the time came to fulfill his dreams,
      the Lord tested Joseph’s character.
 20 Then Pharaoh sent for him and set him free;
      the ruler of the nation opened his prison door.
 21 Joseph was put in charge of all the king’s household;
      he became ruler over all the king’s possessions.
 22 He could instruct the king’s aides as he pleased
      and teach the king’s advisers.


In fact that is only part of it - if we were to go back and read over his life account we would discover a number of repeated occasions that reflect the same turn-around experience for Joseph. 

It struck a cord for me, reminding me that I am called to be faithful and true to God whatever the circumstances I face, or experience. God does not promise that things will always be easy, or plain sailing, however I am constantly reminded that He is faithful. He is trustworthy. He loves me and has my best interest in mind, and to this end, He will never leave me. All this serves as a reassurance, that no matter how difficult or unpleasant the experience for me, God is able to turn-around the situation. 

Lord, it is my desire that I be found, even through testing, to be faithful in my proclaiming thanks to You in ALL circumstances. Receive and accept my thanks today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...