Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What matters ...

There was a bit that went through my mind looking at the readings (Scriptures) for today. In some way it is one of the dangers of routine, that one has to be careful that it doesn't merely become shallow and rote and following a pattern for the sake of doing just that. I do not want that I just follow a practice and loose the meaningful engagement of God speaking to me through His Living Word. So, it could have been, in seeking something to contemplate that I pick up on those verses from 2 John regarding the requirement that we love one another ... However, this is what stood out to me:

2 John 1:12 (New Living Translation)
Conclusion

12 I have much more to say to you,
but I don’t want to do it with paper and ink.
For I hope to visit you soon and talk with you face to face.
Then our joy will be complete.

2 John 1:12 (The Message)

12-13I have a lot more things to tell you,
but I'd rather not use paper and ink.
I hope to be there soon in person and have a heart-to-heart talk.
That will be far more satisfying to both you and me.
Everyone here in your sister congregation sends greetings.



My rationale. Because I truly believe "people" are important. I truly enjoy and look forward to spending time with people, face to face. Sharing together. Listening. Being listened to.

Sure we can communicate via other means, letters, emails, text, phone, facebook ... but there is still something about being with a person, especially if it is over a coffee (well my personal preference anyway).

For me this is about relationship. As together people invest, give of themselves to others. Share and care.

To me this is not only satisfying but also a privilege, so thank you to those whom I have spent time with, I appreciate you each, you add to my life considerably and I value you greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...