Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Friday, August 13, 2010

If you love Me ...

A short and simple response as Jesus tries to get the message through to the disciples that His time was coming to an end, and that the way to the Father is through Him. They have all sorts of problems comprehending what He is saying. It just does not gel in their minds. And then this verse:

John 14:15 (New Living Translation)
Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit

15 “If you love me, obey my commandments.
 
This stands out for me because we often experience a turn around in the statement. If you give me this, I will do this for you in return. We tend to want something in return. Jesus says, if you love Me, show it by doing what I've told you (Eugene Peterson - The Message). Show it by your actions. Back it up with a heart that is obedient.
 
Well I know I am challenged. It certainly leaves me much to contemplate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...