Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Friday, July 9, 2010

And then ...

This week has been a tremendous time for me as I have had the opportunity to participate in the Hillsong Conference (Sydney, Australia). There have been some inspirational speakers, including one of my favourites in Andy Stanley. The music and singing has been top notch and something that affects deep into the heart. This year also had a strong focus on the social justice issues and focused on the response that we as Christians may have and should have.

You might have gathered from the title of today's contribution that I am somewhat a realist though. I believe I would be irresponsible if I didn't examine and answer the question "And then?" or "And now what?" I have been around long enough to realise that unless I actually allow that which I have been exposed to, to impact my world, then it avails to nothing. "What difference will it now make?" is a fair question. It is not unlike the daily reading of the Scriptures and what this Blog attempts to do - to answer the same questions, What have I learnt? What is going to be different? The lessons learnt, as revealing as they might be and as impactful as the required response may be, are not nearly as hard or trying as getting back home and putting them into practice in the day to day.

I must be prepared to come away from such an experience and allow God to continue the good work He has begun in me. My surrender here, MUST continue, daily and throughout the day from now on. I must be obedient and submissive to my Master and Lord, Jesus.

So, here's to another new day in the journey of life. I must say, I am grateful to God for the opportunity that is mine to have such rich experiences and sensational mates to journey with in this - every rich and unfathomable blessing to you as you learn and live - journey well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...