Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

To do ...

The Scriptures from Hebrews (chapter 10) continue the thought of yesterday in relation to the sacrifice that was made for total cleansing from sin. Christ, giving up His own life for the forgiveness of my sins (our sins) and thus replacing the defunct sacrifices of animals (and the application of their blood) of various kinds that were deficient and now superseded.

In the dialogue that differentiates the two orders or systems, Jesus is found to say:

Hebrews 10:9 (New Living Translation)
9 Then he said, “Look, I have come to do your will.”
He cancels the first covenant in order to put the second into effect.


It had me thinking, what is the Father's (God's) will for my life?

We see in this following verse that we are being made holy:

Hebrews 10:14 (New Living Translation)
14 For by that one offering he forever made
perfect those who are being made holy.


Further on we see:
 
Hebrews 10:24-25 (New Living Translation)
24 Let us think of ways to motivate one another
to acts of love and good works.
25 And let us not neglect our meeting together,
as some people do, but encourage one another,
especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.


We are reminded of the importance of motivating one another in actions that display love and good works. The necessity of meeting regularly together and again to encourage one another. However, I don't think it answers the question of what is God's will for me - I think these requirements are for us each generally, universally, inclusively.
 
What I do believe is, we need to develop our relationship with God to the point that in our state of full surrender and total dependence upon Him, we find clarity in that which He determines and calls me (us) to, His will for me (for us).
 
"Lord, tonight I surrender myself over to You afresh. That I might more clearly discover the plan You have for me, what Your desired will is for my life. Lord, help me to come before You in silence, with a willing heart and mind, to hear Your voice as you reveal to me Your will."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...