Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Friday, July 30, 2010

Anointed with a purpose ...

Don't you love when you are blessed and along with the blessing there is some purpose? I love this passage of Scripture, though it is not all nice and easy and beneficial for me. However, it affirms that God has blessed me (anointed me) with a purpose in mind. The task, though at times it may seem daunting, that is, until we remember again that we are just vessels to fulfilling the purpose of God in the lives of others.

What a privilege is mine (ours) when we take up the mantle of the Lord to bring Good News to the marginalised and disadvantaged today - have a read again:

Isaiah 61:1-2 (New Living Translation)
Good News for the Oppressed
1 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me,
for the Lord has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted
and to proclaim that captives will be released
and prisoners will be freed.
2 He has sent me to tell those who mourn
that the time of the Lord’s favor has come,
and with it, the day of God’s anger against their enemies.

Lord, as you anoint me, let me receive this and the commission that sits alongside it, with a willing heart. Help me in my reliance upon Your Holy Spirit to fulfill this task as You have given it to me. Help me to be honouring of You in the way I serve and give of my life for Your purpose, to those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...