Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What do you proclaim ...

Do you love the Psalms? I know they are often a place of inspiration for me. Often times when things have been tough I have found myself in them. I see them as being real, after all it is someonelses experience being related to us. I have many times spoken of this with others in relation to the fact that the experience is many times difficult, complicated, the Psalmist feels all alone, like everything, everyone is against him. He may even feel abandoned by God, and yet, by the closing of the verses there is that proclamation, You are my God, I will trust in You (or words to that effect).

Today I appreciated another reminder for me:

Psalm 92:2 (New Living Translation)
2 It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning,
your faithfulness in the evening,


Here's what stood out for me. My proclaiming unfailing love of God in the morning is a step of faith. It is in a belief of what He is capable of, what I am believing in. It has maybe happened in the past that I have experienced this to be so, but I am again in belief that He will show up in the same manner. And it is in this light that I will live this day. Believing that God will be in it with me, loving me and loving through me.

In the evening my proclaiming His faithfulness, should be evident in how I lived this day. It ought to be a bearing testimony of my experience of this day.


Lord, help me to live true to Your unfailing love, in my life and through my life affecting the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...