Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Friday, June 4, 2010

Finishing well ...

Another something I am passionate about - cycling (it sort of goes with believing in the need to be, and aiming toward, being fit), I count this as being important to a healthy life. I believe that if we are going to be effective then we ought to be functioning well physically to enable this to be possible.

I love the image of the cyclist crossing the line in victory and the arms stretched out and up in the air (I just wish I could ride without the hands on the handlebars). It is an image of finishing well, let me explore this a little further.

I desire for myself, and my mates for that matter, to finish well. to come to the end of ministry (in the working sense) and to know that we have given it our all and it hasn't sucked the life out of us. I don't want that any of us merely stumble or limp across the line, or struggle to even get to the line. Rather, that we too can lift our hands in praise to the Lord that He has sustained us and we have stayed true to the call upon our lives.

There is a terrific book I would recommend - "Going the Distance" by Peter Brain (an Australian) who assists in exploring this well, what it takes to finish well. The self care, the setting up of boundaries, the staying in tune with the Lord, all that sort of stuff.

Friends, I really want that WE finish well! Please look after yourselves in body, and mind and spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...