Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Friday, June 25, 2010

The real deal ...

I think we are experiencing some interesting times. Certainly on the political scene in Australia with a change of leadership there are some lessons to be learnt, whether a politician or a Christian. Mostly, in my eyes anyway, I see that people want the "real deal".

One of my passions is learning about leadership. In particular I would hone that down to spiritual leadership. I want to lead well. I want to be developing others through my leadership style. I want to be developing and learning and changing (for the better) in who I am through this experience.

So we hear (and read) words associated with stand out or good leadership. Elements like, integrity, honesty, truthfulness, reliable, real, authentic, and genuine.

I was prompted to think about this again today when I read these words from Paul's second letter to Timothy:

2 Timothy 1:5 (New Living Translation)
5 I remember your genuine faith,
for you share the faith that first filled
your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice.
And I know that same faith continues strong in you.

2 Timothy 1:5 (The Message)
5That precious memory triggers another:
your honest faith—and what a rich faith it is,
handed down from your grandmother Lois
to your mother Eunice, and now to you!

That is how I would like to be remembered. For the fact that my faith was genuine, honest and rich. The fact that there was nothing pretentious. Nothing fake about it. Nothing put on. Rather I was identified as being "real."
 
"Lord, Your Son proved in His life that these character traits were possible. So it is that I desire to have my life absorbed into His character. I want to mirror Christ to the world. Help me to be real in my interactions, in all circumstances, and in this to bring glory to You."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...