Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Intensity of prayer ...

Prayer Coach - emphasis is given to the passion that ought to be in our praying. Not a gutless, tentative approach, sort of hoping that God will maybe hear, even answer our request and come to our aid.

James Nicodem (the author of Prayer Coach), encourages us, challenges us, to get some seriousness into our praying. He uses words like, definition, desperation, fervency, earnestness, enthusiasm and zeal (to name a few).

We know from our examination of the Scriptures that God listens to the "cry" of His people. Allow your emotion to show before God, let Him see your hearts serious desire. He (James Nicodem) suggests at one point that, "perhaps our prayers lack definition because our hearts lack faith."

What is it we believe? Do we have the faith to believe that God can in fact do anything. I am not sure about you, but for me, this challenges me.

"Father, You love me. You desire only good for me. You want that I might test and see how good You are, how powerful and able to meet my every need. Father, help my unbelief."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...