Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Look and see ...

As I was contemplating this tonight I was going to title this, "some just don't get it ...". I realised though this might be a bit different to just not getting it. That would infer to me that there was some difficulty to interpreting the message. Whereas, I think it is a bit more subtle, for as I read these verses from Amos chapters 4 & 5, it appears that ALL these various peoples were given ample signs and they simply did not heed the warning/s. And now they were paying the penalty for this. The common theme interwoven through these verses:

Amos 4:6, 8, 9, 10, 11,  (New Living Translation)
... But still you would not return to me,”
says the Lord.


Amos 4:6 (The Message)
But you never got hungry for me.
You continued to ignore me."
God's Decree.

Can you begin to imagine the heartache of God? Can you see the desire He has? For He wants that His people would recognise the signs and see how He wants to be their God. He wants them to return to Him. It is somewhat a replay of the forgiving Father (New Testament Prodigal Son account). God wants for them to be in relationship with Him.

"Father, I wonder if I should dare ask, is there something I am not seeing? Open my eyes, remove any distractions, let me not miss what You are trying to reveal to me, if this is the case. Help me Lord to be attentive, having eyes let me see, having ears let me hear You voice. Help me to act worthily to the claims I have as Your servant. Help me to be faithful and honourable to You."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...