Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Sunday, June 6, 2010

You are special ...

If you ask me what I love about being an Officer in The Salvation Army, I will instinctively tell you it is the privilege of journeying with people, I simply "love it".

Today I had the pleasure to lead worship at Parafield Gardens Corps and to conduct a dedication. As I had been thinking about this for a few weeks, I was drawn to recall again the children's book by Max Lucado - "You Are Special".

The clear message for me is that God does not make mistakes. We are each created in His image. Yes, we are different and unique, just as He designed us to be. Yet, how often do we go about trying to make those around us the same as us? We praise them for the things we think they do well, what we value. We might on the other hand criticise or condemn them on their mistakes, faults, and limitations.

In the story their is one character (Lucia) who does not bear the marks of what others think. We learn the reason for this is because she visits daily the designer and creator (Eli = God).

How complicated life becomes when it is about what others think of me. Whether they approve or disapprove of my actions, behaviours, etc. How I need to visit regularly and sit at the feet of God, my Creator and hear what He expects of me.

"Lord, you designed and created me for a purpose. You gift me for this. Help me to listen to Your voice, what is it You have to say to me. Help me to be faithful to live in accordance with this."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...