Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Of what consequence ...

I recall a couple of people in conversation recently who had many questions. You know what I mean, the wondering "why?" Why this death? Why such destruction? Why such pain and suffering? Why, why, why? And much of what they were discussing was really about - "why me?"

What was said next is what really interested me, (because I have thought along these lines myself before, until I really thought about it, and came to a new realisation). The conversation turned to all they were going to ask God/Jesus to explain when they got to heaven. It was like, God was going to have to give account, give reason and understanding to all these things that had happened to them.

Have you stopped to think about it a moment? When you leave this earth and meet with the God of the universe, the Creator. When you come face to face with Jesus, the One who laid down His life freely, that you and I could have life. The conqueror of death. When you come face to face, what will it be that is on your tongue? What will be running through your mind? Do you really think it will be about something you don't understand and seeking an answer?

I don't believe it will be, for the angels cry, "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord, God Almighty!" They sing praises to Him. Are we likely to do other than this? Is anything else of greater importance? Really?

Paul in writing to the church in Philippi recalls his personal standing (circumcised, a pure-blooded citizen of Israel, a member of the tribe of Benjamin, a real Hebrew, a member of the Pharisees - Philippians 3: 1-6) and follows on with this claim:

Philippians 3:7-11 (New Living Translation)
7 I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. 8 Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ 9 and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ.[a] For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith. 10 I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, 11 so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!

Or maybe the songwriters capture it for you as they do for me:
 
When I look into Your Holiness.
When I gaze into Your loveliness.
When all things that surround
Become shadows in the light of You.
 
When I found the joy of reaching Your heart.
When my will becomes enthralled in Your love.
When all things that surround
Become shadows in the light of You.
 
I worship You, I worship You.
The reason I live
Is to worship You
(Wayne Perrin, Cathy Perrin)
 
"I desire to be faithful in my worship and service to You each day Lord, help me to live upright and true to who I am in You."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...