Welcome to my journey

Welcome to my journey as I read the Word, other books and live life ...

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Restoration ...

Have a look at this passage a moment:

Amos 9:11-12 (New Living Translation)
A Promise of Restoration
11 “In that day I will restore the fallen house of David.
I will repair its damaged walls.
From the ruins I will rebuild it
and restore its former glory.
12 And Israel will possess what is left of Edom
and all the nations I have called to be mine.”
The Lord has spoken,
and he will do these things.

Don't you just love the work of God? I know I do. This is particularly concerned with the restoration of buildings and later the chapter goes on to spell out the abundant blessing of crops, etc. But what came to my mind was the fact that God is interested in us, His people, even more than these things. He desires to restore our relationships with each other, and with Himself.

I know that is my desire. That the restorative work of God can take place through me and in me. I don't want to be a hindrance or a blockage to this taking place.

"Lord, I desire to be an instrument of restoration. To enable this, let me be in a healthy and living relationship with You. Let me be open to hear Your voice as you speak to me and reveal to me that which needs to change in me, and help me to do this."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts ...